Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Caitlin Harris
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Assistant Management Accountant
Job Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
Following several years of significant growth, a vacancy has now arisen for an Assistant Management Accountant to work within the Group Finance Function of a well-known organisation based in Central Manchester. It would suit someone currently studying either AAT/CIMA/ACCA looking to become a qualified management accountant in the future. You will gain first hand experience working within a growing and profitable private organisation, mentored by impressive Senior finance individuals who have a proven track record and wealth of commercial and technical accounting experience.
To assist the Financial Controller in the preparation of the monthly management accounts and provide support for the finance team.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities as an Assistant Management Accountant:
* Assisting in the budgeting process for submission
* Ensuring Management Accounts accuracy through the performance of key controls and reconciliations (e.g. intercompany matrix and reconciliation, nominal reconciliations)
* Ownership of specific P&L and Balance Sheet accounts including calculation and posting of related accruals / prepayments, cost analysis and understanding of variances vs budget / forecast
* Assisting in the preparation of management accounts
* Developing insightful and reliable reporting of costs and revenue that are issued to the Directors.
* Producing regulatory returns, including FCA returns, ONS returns, and VAT returns for review by the Financial Controller.
What you Bring to the Team
* Ability to organise & prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
* Be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of financial reporting procedures.
* Ability to organise, manipulate and present large volumes of data using Excel spreadsheets.
* Can work on own initiative and deliver high quality analysis and insight.
* AAT qualified and or studying toward CIMA or ACCA would be preferable.