Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Fahmida Ahmed
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Call Handler
Job Salary: £23,000 - £23,500 Per Annum
Dive into the role of a Call Handler where empathy meets excitement! I am on the lookout for someone who not only listens with care but brings a touch of joy to every call. if you’re ready to turn customer interactions into memorable moments with your understanding and a dash of fun, I want you to be a part of my clients’ team. Join them in making a difference, one empathetic and fun conversation at a time. Apply now and let’s bring smiles to every call!
We are pleased to be working with the UK and Ireland’s Largest Independent and Trusted Well-being Provider who have been making a positive difference in over 15 million lives for over 40 years. Our client offers the most comprehensive EAP on the market, giving 24/7 caring and compassionate support services to employers from organisations of all sizes, across the private, public, and non-profit sectors, to business partners, individual users, employees, and their family members.
Shift 1: Monday to Wednesday – 9am -5pm Thursday/Friday 11am -7pm – weekends off.
Salary: £23,500 + up to 2k overnight allowance depending on shift pattern.
We are looking for call handlers with an enthusiastic, eager, and willing-to-learn attitude. It will be a challenging but fantastic opportunity to work alongside business professionals, counsellors, and legal advisors in a fast-paced and customer-focused environment. You will be on the front line of Assistance Programmes working alongside the counselling and legal teams. You will assess and triage calls coming into the service, ensuring that clients are reassured of the support you are setting up for them. The role will involve assisting with any call management tasks, helping the relevant teams continually to improve the service, assisting with office duties, and striving to ensure that every call into the service is a positive one.
You will be on the front line of the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) working alongside the counselling and legal teams. You will be required to be always available to assess and triage calls coming into the service, ensuring that clients are reassured of the support you are setting up for them.
* To provide an efficient and effective telephone service to all callers
* Completing outbound calls to provide effective follow up support
* Supporting digital functions within the organisation including live chat and emails
* To demonstrate an ability to work with a variety of individuals and presenting issues, including those who are distressed
* Greet clients making them feel comfortable and at ease, exploring the clients’ situation and identifying the next steps, including assessing the risk/urgency of the issue
* Ensure that personal knowledge of the assistance programmes is continually developing, and that departmental procedures and protocols are always adhered to
* To take ownership and responsibility for of the cases in the first instance and ensure the client can access the relevant support
* Ensure that all notes are recorded accurately against the appropriate cases and all other client and call information is correctly captured on the database
* Attending team meetings and training as required
* Maintain required productivity levels to ensure that the service provision is maintained, and service levels are achieved
* Identifying areas where we can improve client experience
* Ensuring individuals are provided with support efficiently by managing and monitoring relevant queues across the EAP
Essential Skills and Competencies
* Enthusiastic and willing to learn
* Ability to prioritise and work unsupervised as required
* Excellent communication and written skills
* Ability to provide great customer service
* Good listening skills
* Open minded and non-judgemental
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Ability to work with telephony and IT systems
* MS Office knowledge and experience
* Experience working on inbound phone lines
* Experience working with emotive matters
* 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
* Day off on your birthday
* Cash plan for you (and your children, if any)
* Holidays increase after 2- and 5-years’ service
* Contractual sick pay
* Private medical insurance after 5 years’ service
* Pension Plan and Life Insurance
* Pension plan contributions increase after 5- and 7-years’ service
* Holiday season bonus after 3 years’ service
* Profit share scheme
* Season ticket loan scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Access to Employee Assistance Programme
* Free breakfast every Monday and social sessions on the last Friday of the month with free food and drink – we call this Fab Friday! 15. Company incentives, access to discount schemes
Why Join the Team?
This is a fantastic place to work if you enjoy a challenge and have genuine enthusiasm for overcoming obstacles and learning. The office is fast paced and busy so we look for colleagues who have a positive and focused attitude. Through training and development, we make sure that everyone who works here has the resources they need to build their careers. So, if you are ambitious, focused and a confident communicator you’ll soon discover that there are unlimited opportunities for you within the business.