Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Lucy Fulton
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Employment Paralegal
Job Salary: £22,000 - £23,000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our award-wining, HR & Employment Law services client in their search for a Paralegal, specialising in HR or Employment Law.
We are looking for a bright, confident, individual with HR or Employment Law experience, whether that be a degree or a strong administration background such as Legal Secretary or Law office coordinator, to work in a dynamic team. The role is to deliver telephone and written HR advice and support to clients who have requested on-site consultancy support through Face2Face. To plan meetings and to manage consultant diaries in a dynamic fast-paced setting.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic team member who can combine professional HR advice and excellent detail-focused drafting skills with diary planning and management in which pace, teamwork and flexibility are key. Again, a degree is not essential but this is a good opportunity to join a business with excellent career opportunities and progression pathways within Employment Law and HR.
* Communicate by telephone and email with clients about their requirements to hold formal meeting with employees with Face2Face consultant support, explaining their options and responsibilities.
* Review case files and draft on the client’s behalf legally compliant and accurate invitation letters to disciplinary hearings, grievances, appeals, investigations and consultations.
* Manage consultant diaries as part of a small team, making appointments and maintaining a flexible approach to last minute changes.
* Work positively with consultants to effectively manage their time and client expectations.
* Create and maintain files, system logs and other administrative tasks.
* Work towards the team objective of obtaining repeat business.
What you Bring to the Team
* Customer service experience.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, delivering technical information and commercial advice as well as empathy to clients, and provide outstanding attention to detail.
* Strongly focussed on delivering an excellent client experience at all stages.
* A positive approach in a fast-moving, busy team environment.
* Desirable but not essential – educated to degree level in HR, law or related business discipline, or with relevant experience in employment law or an employee relations-focused HR role.