Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Charlene Nieves
Job Location: Ontario
Job Title: Health & Safety Field Consultant
Job Salary: $90,000 - $110,000 Per Annum
Portfolio Group are pleased to be working exclusively with an established global consultancy to recruit a new Health and Safety Consultant to add to their growing team in Vancouver!
Providing only the best Health and Safety advice, guidance, and support to a diverse portfolio of clients across the globe… truly believing in what they do with a clear commitment across a wide range of sectors, they are keen to grow the team with big plans for the future!
Whether you have got consultancy experience or not, they want individuals that think differently about Health and Safety and those who will strive every day to create moments of magic for their clients.
* Are you an experienced and conscientious individual with a passion for health and safety?
* Are you seeking a role which offers you flexibility a clear career pathway, packed with growth and development
If so, we want to hear from you..
You will take lead on carrying out Health & Safety contractual service visits, providing documentation, advice, and assistance as required in this field-based role. The Health & Safety Department are looking for hardworking Health and Safety professionals with a high level of technical knowledge and experience. You will have the ability to build strong relationships with your clients and deliver a high-quality, cost-effective consultancy service.
* Strong knowledge of the British Columbia Occupational Health and Safety Act
* Proactively reaching out to clients to follow up regarding any advice, solutions, support or recommendations that are given
* Performing client installation visits
* Providing relevant and correct advice, support, solutions and recommendations to our clients in a professional, efficient and practical manner
* Liaising with government officials, and other third parties, on behalf of clients under the supervision of client’s management
* Completing internal reports following client visits
* Reading and analysing a client’s policies and other related documentation for the purposes of providing advice, support, solutions and/or recommendations
* Advising clients on how to use client’s health and safety management system
* Achieving internal key performance indicators
* Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety rules and regulations.
* CRSP designation or working towards
* Excellent communication and relationship building personality.
* Confident in providing practical solutions to clients in relation to H&S.
* Deliver a high-quality consultancy service with commercial boundaries.
* Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
* Flexible and adaptable, able to respond to ongoing changes
* Good organisational and problem-solving skills.
* Attention to detail to spot various hazards and complete investigations.
* Process-driven and the ability to use your initiative.
* Thrive in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to prioritise workload and managing multiple tasks/projects at one time.
* A degree, diploma or certificate from an accredited education or health and safety training program
* Strong knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act
* A minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience in health and safety
* CRSP certification or working towards
Perks and Benefits
* Day off on your birthday
* Enhanced Benefits with Health and Dental Coverage
* We offer a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) Matching Program
* Downtown Location (Right near Union Station)
* Vacation Days increase after 2 and 5 years’ service