Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: H&S Operations Manager
Job Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 Per Annum
Join Our Team as Health & Safety Operations Manager!
We’re in search of a dynamic individual to take the reins of our Health & Safety operations, steering them toward unparalleled efficiency and service excellence.
Your Mission: As the Health & Safety Operations Manager, your primary mission will be to lead the charge in field operations and Health & Safety services. Partnering closely with the Director of Health & Safety – UKI, you’ll play a pivotal role in enhancing and refining our consultancy services to ensure they shine brightly.
* Manage the Health & Safety Field Services
* Provide support to the Director of Health & Safety – UKI to ensure a consistently high level of consultancy services to all our clients in a timely and efficient manor
* Play an active role on the Departmental Senior Management Team, ensuring continuous improvement and service delivery
* To ensure that the consultants are managed in line with company procedures and protocols and to ensure they achieve the requirements of their KPI’s through effective use of root cause analysis
* Deliver a continuous improvement culture, consistently reviewing the department from a technical, customer service, commercial and cost perspective
* Maximise the use of technology within the department to drive time and cost savings
* Manage team resources through effectively planning and allocating workloads; managing absence and staff turnover; recruitment and succession planning
* To drive an optimal delivery model through utilisation of H&S consultants to drive maximum number of visits without impacting quality
* To support the continuing accreditation and certification of ISO and BAFE standards
* Manage internal Health & Safety compliance
* Support Business Development Managers with joint prospect visits and health & safety advice
* Undertake technical webinars for clients
* Ensure that the sales referral targets are achieved
* To lead the selection, interview and induction process for new consultants
* To be responsible for absence management within the team
* To oversee the authorisation of holidays for the field team, ensuring the operational efficiency of the department is maintained
* To authorise hotels, travel and car hire for the field teams, ensuring that authorisation takes into account economic efficiency
* To undertake any other duties as necessary or required by senior management.
* Ensure the appropriate skill set and competence of the Field Consultants at all times by the implementation of appropriate appraisal, monitoring and service checks on field operation activities
* Undertake as necessary, client service visits to determine consultant performance, skills or complaint investigation/resolution
* To liaise with the HSE and other Enforcing Authorities on behalf of clients when required
* To provide Management reports and departmental statistics as required to ensure operational efficiency is being maintained
* Work with and support as necessary other Senior Managers in the Department and the Company to help maintain optimum retention of Health & Safety clients
* Manage the retention and development of Team Leaders and consultants in the region
Qualifications and Skills:
* Minimum qualification: CMIOSH or equivalent.
* Proven track record in delivering exceptional H&S standards.
* Strong leadership and team management abilities.
* Ability to build, manage and lead successful teams
* Skilled in influencing stakeholders across all levels, including the board.
* Commercially minded with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Be part of a dynamic team driving excellence in Health & Safety operations. If you bring a blend of leadership, technical expertise, and a commercial mindset while thriving in a fast-paced environment, we invite you to apply!