Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Nandini Bhatia
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Net Developer
Job Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing an award-wining, Software provider based in the heart of Manchester, providing people solutions to over 50,000 clients worldwide.
In this role our client is looking for a candidate that possess an ability to work in cross-functional product teams, in a truly agile way, delivering small increments of value to our customers very frequently. An Ideal candidate would have experience of REST, JSON and how to build clean architecture with TDD and BDD for mobile platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude, with a thirst for knowledge and the ability communicate knowledge effectively and work within a team.
* Ensure that the initiative has a coherent Definition of Done and that your features are met.
* Able to communicate a complicated problem succinctly accurately and coherently to a team with different skill sets.
* Exhibit cross functional behaviour and support other competencies within the company.
* Able to negotiate and compromise solutions and find the balance between best practice, expediency and longer-term maintenance costs.
* Demonstrate, discuss and permeate current good practice in the skills specific to your professional family across other members of your professional family.
* Propose new technology, process or tooling to improve efficiency being aware of the future maintenance costs and consistency across other product teams.
* You make realistic commitments that you are confident of meeting and strive to do so.
* Maintain and improve engineering practice.
* Maintain and improve software quality for features built (TDD, Pairing, Peer Review, Static Analysis)
* Support the product owner and Development Lead in the provision of estimates that are at an appropriate level of fidelity for the phase in the development lifecycle.
* Support the QA in identifying describing and resolving defects.
* Support the BA in the elaboration of requirements.
* You take responsibility for the entire lifecycle of delivery from idea, marketing, sales and operation.
* Manage your own training requirements.
* Attend industry events and share the value with your
* 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays.
* Day off on your birthday.
* Perkbox discounts.
* Holidays increase after 2- and 5-years’ service.
* Pension Plan and Life Insurance.
* Access to Employee Assistance Programme.
* Company incentives, access to discount schemes.
* Profit Share Scheme.