Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our award-wining, multinational HR & Employment Law services client in their search for an Operations Manager for a fast-paced HR coordination and consultancy team. The role requires a driven, motivated, and enthusiastic team member who possesses knowledge and experience of conducting HR processes.
This person will be responsible for ensuring clients are receiving a high-quality service, both during work undertaken by the team of HR Coordinators and HR Consultants. The role is primarily to ensure a smooth transition for a seamless client experience. It will also require the day-to-day management of the team & throughput of work.
The Operations Manager will also be responsible for:
* Review case files and draft on the client’s behalf legally compliant & accurate invitation letters to disciplinary hearings, grievances, appeals, investigations & consultations.
* To build and maintain a cohesive and motivated team of HR Coordinators, providing leadership & support to colleagues & peers.
* To performance manage all coordinators, identifying training needs & putting the necessary measures in place to ensure that the training is provided.
* To effectively manage all team absences / sickness & ensure that the RTW process is adhered to.
* To manage all lateness & ensure that the lateness recording form is completed on all occasions.
* To conduct, where necessary any formal meetings such as disciplinary & grievances, including providing the necessary outcome in line with the Employee Handbook.
* To ensure that the Director is kept up to date with all pending staff issues along with a pending or proposed course of action.
* Undertake training, interim reviews & six-month probationary reviews with all new starters.
* To conduct & document Performance Development Reviews with each team member bi-annually, highlighting any objectives & development areas for the next period & ensuring that the expectations are clear following the meeting.
* To undertake Quality Assessments for the team each month to ensure that a high quality of service is being provided to clients on all occasions.
* To manage all Paralegals unavailable time, in line with the departmental requirements to ensure that any abandoned calls are prevented / minimised.
* To mentor, develop and manage the Team Leaders in their role.
* To mentor & monitor coordinators ensuring they provide a high quality of service to all clients.
* To be flexible with work times as there may be occasions when having to address staff issues outside of core hours, do training or have team meetings to capture all team members.
* To oversee the monitoring and reviewing of consultant diaries to improve efficiency & workload balance in order to achieve a 70% client facing Consultant time every week. This will often require you to provide solutions to any which are over or under the 70% requirement.
* To lead on all interviews for recruitment for the team.
* Work towards the team objective of obtaining repeat business.
* To advise the existing team with complex cases.
* To oversee & effectively ‘triage; all Service Issues in a timely manner ensuring that a satisfactory conclusion is reached on all occasions. Any complaints dealt with should be managed in line with the Team Manager Guide for Complaint Management.
To be considered for this opportunity it is essential that you have the following:
* A “can-do” attitude with the ability to drive, motivate & support your team to achieve their best performance overall & for everyone.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, adaptable environment.
* Educated to degree level in HR, law, or related business discipline, or with relevant experience in employment law or an employee relations-focused HR role.
* Strong time management skills & strong ability to multi-skill.
* Excellent written & oral communication skills, delivering technical information & commercial advice as well as empathy to clients, & provide outstanding attention to detail.
* Strongly focused on delivering an excellent member experience at all stages.