Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Principal Solicitor
Job Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
Our client a true market leader in their field is looking for a qualified Employment Solicitor with employment litigation experience to join their office-based team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified Solicitor, to working in a team assisting clients when they receive tribunal claims by assuming conduct of cases. From drafting responses to exchanging witness statements and conducting preliminary advocacy.
We are looking for a bright and confident Employment Solicitor to join our award-winning client, based in the Centre of Manchester. The successful person will be working in a dynamic team covering every aspect of preparing cases for Employment Tribunal hearings. You will be a qualified solicitor with recent litigation experience and will relish assuming responsibility for a caseload in a fast-paced but supportive environment.
* Monitoring and supervising the work of Trainee Solicitors within the context of Employment Tribunal cases and Early Conciliation matters.
* Undertaking regular quality checks and assessments on ET3 Responses, preliminary hearings, agendas, bundles, witness statements and other general written work including correspondence and applications on a monthly basis as a minimum.
* Reviewing Tribunal Claims and drafting ET3 Responses.
* Dealing with all aspects of document disclosure and the preparation of trial bundles or documents in the appropriate or agreed format for any hearing.
* Providing detailed merits and risk assessment to clients on all Employment Tribunal claims.
* Conduct any conciliation or settlement negotiations on behalf of the client, in accordance with the client’s instructions (which are at all times to be in writing or documented in writing where instructions are given verbally).
* To regularly review the insurance position and update the most likely outcome following receipt of full client instructions and liaising with the Senior Management Team and Insurance team to report on any cases, in particular indemnified cases, where there are concerns about the prospects of success.
* Corresponding with Tribunals, claimants’ representatives and clients.
* Obtain all relevant and necessary documentation and to draft appropriate applications or responses on behalf of clients for their approval.
* Conduct preliminary advocacy in the Employment Tribunal by telephone, digitally or occasionally in person.
* Identify witnesses and assist in the preparation, drafting and finalising of witness statements.
* Provide support to the Litigation Team Leaders with the investigation of service issues and feedback for appraisals.
* Demonstrate commercial knowledge of the Company’s range of services and products and to be able to discuss these with clients as appropriate, and to proactively assist in the retention of existing clients and to promoting new business opportunities by obtaining introductions for potential new clients.
* Ensuring that the requisite knowledge of employment law and technical skill is of the standard required in order to be able to carry out the work to the standards as outlined in this job description.
* Must be a qualified solicitor with employment litigation experience.
* Excellent communication, oral and negotiation skills.
* A “can-do” attitude, a thirst for knowledge and the ability to communicate knowledge effectively within the team.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong time management skills.
* A dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure.
* Pride in delivering a high-quality service and genuine desire to own, lead and resolve issues for clients by providing efficient, pragmatic solutions