Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Lara Salmons
Job Location: England
Job Title: Senior Audit and Accounting Writer
Job Salary: £70,000 - £75,000 Per Annum
My client is a market-leading provider of Information Services and Solutions for professionals is Accounting, Audit, Tax, H&S and Business. This is an ideal role for an experienced auditor with strong technical knowledge, excellent writing skills and a keen interest in media/publishing to join an expert and enthusiastic Audit and Accounting (A&A) author team.
The A&A technical writer team are responsible for writing and reviewing content for the A&A segment They work with commercial, sales, IT, and editorial teams to innovate the way that content is delivered to maximise the value to our clients. The team also deliver technical and product training and are expected to be active members of external technical committees, for example at ICAEW. The team are looking for a technically strong experienced auditor or accountant to drive content transformation and enhancement of our audit content, particularly considering upcoming changes with ISA (UK) 315 and ISQM (UK) 1. The post holder will take responsibility for authoring and updating audit products on the Croner-i Navigate platform and ensure that content is up to date and relevant for users.
Day to Day Responsibilities as a Senior Audit Technical Writer:
* Take responsibility for certain audit and practice management products in the Croner-i Navigate platform.
* Get involved in supporting commercial and content partnerships for example with audit software companies.
* Lead transformation projects for content, products, and processes.
* Research and perform or review authoring update work on the A&A products as appropriate for the candidate’s expertise and the roles of other team members. This could include:
* commentary, insights, and analysis.
* tools including audit programmes, model accounts and disclosure checklists.
* online training materials (podcasts, videos, recording audio, preparing slides and notes).
* contributing articles for news updates, Accountancy Daily and social media.
* UK GAAP and IFRS presentation, measurement, and disclosure.
* company law and corporate governance; and
* practice management guides and tools.
* Maintain and expand external networks through social media, webinars, training, sales demos and technical committees.
* Work with external expert authors and panel members in practice.
* Instruct editorial/production support teams and review output within tight publishing deadlines.
* Provide insight and leadership to other team members maintaining accounting/auditing standards and company legislation on Croner-i Navigate platform to ensure that new content is added when needed and editorial notes are up to date.
* Answer product queries and assist client experience and sales teams with demos and training.
What you bring to the team:
* Qualified ACA, ACCA, FCA or FCCA.
* Experience of working within an accounting practice environment, typically within the audit function.
* Professional knowledge of and strong technical grounding in the areas of auditing and IFRS and UK GAAP accounting, ethics, quality, and risk.
* Proven writing and presentation skills, including the ability to convey complex themes in an accessible way to a variety of audiences with varying levels of expertise.
* Strong excel, word and IT skills and experience in audit software.
* Interest in media/publishing.
* Confident in helping clients.
* Superb teamwork and communication.
Why Join our team?
This is a fantastic multi-award-winning place to work and a friendly, highly motivated and hard-working team. This role should appeal if you enjoy being exposed to a wide variety of technical developments and would like the satisfaction of seeing your work published to help serve our clients’ needs. The modern, central London office is fast-paced and busy, so we look for colleagues who have a positive and results-focused attitude. Through on-the-job coaching and experience, as well as providing training and development, we make sure that everyone who works here has the resources they need to build their careers.
* 25 Holidays + Bank Holidays
* Vibrant Offices in Central London (Looking over the Thames)
* Profit Share Scheme
* PerkBox Discounts
* Social Events Throughout Year
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Private Health Insurance after 5 years