Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: London
Job Title: Tax Consultant REMOTE
Job Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 Per Annum
Our client, a multi-award-winning and growing Business Consultancy, is looking for a Tax Consultant to join their large team of 50+ Advisors and Consultants. You will be supporting a portfolio of firms of accountants ranging from Sole Practitioners to Top 100 practices by providing written Tax consultancy as part of their VIP team.
This role provides the opportunity to share your Tax expertise providing critical technical tax written consultancy to ensure that businesses stay compliant and meet their legal obligations. Every day you will be met with written requests for reorganisations, IHT and CGT issues surrounding UK trusts, offshore trusts, residence, domicile, and property/land development transactions to name a few of the most popular services.
The team is in high demand and is highly respected and valued by their loyal clients’. The business expects each team member to deliver a 5* service reflective of their drive to become a centre of excellence for technical advice.
* No Timesheets. No billing and recoverability responsibility. No overtime.
* This position has the option of being fully remote or hybrid. Mon – Fri | 8:45am – 5:15pm
Working remotely, you will be actively supported online through multiple channels and have daily access to your team with the opportunity to work and/or socialise at the office on an adhoc basis.
As a Tax Consultant, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
* Responsible for responding to Tax consultancy requests via email and formal written reports
* Liaising with clients to understand their requirements
* Recording all correspondence within the online portal system, including ‘booking’ of hours against the clients’ consultancy bank
* Supporting colleagues and providing reviews and second opinions where required
* Maintaining a strong working knowledge of tax legislation and developments
As a Tax professional, you’ll require strong experience in Tax from working in practice, industry or HMRC and will hold a recognised professional qualification or the equivalent gained by experience.
You’ll be able to work on your own initiative whilst utilising the support of the central VIP administrative team. In return, the business offers a comprehensive benefits package including development opportunities with access to CPD and professional qualifications.
You will also receive:
* Day off for your Birthday (outside of holiday allowance )
* 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 3 years and 28 days after 5 years (Not including Bank Holidays)
* Access to Employee Assistance Programme and Health Assured App
* Cashback Healthcare plan – Medicash
* Profit Share – normally 4% but this has a stretch target that could see us get 8% (Double Bubble) – we achieved this last year!
* Contributory pension scheme
* Access to CPD and Professional qualifications
* 1-week contractual sick pay from start day increasing to 3 weeks on completion of 12 months continuous service
* Eye Care Contribution
* Season Ticket Loan (after probation)
* Perkbox (staff perks and app with points added monthly)
* Private health care after 5 years
* Referral scheme for new employees
* Commission opportunities
* Rewards including team monthly incentives and group wide awards
* Monthly in office events – this year has included 80’s themed day, Pride celebrations, Double Bubble bonus event and winners’ lunches for people who have won incentives
* Christmas Bonus (after 3 years continuous service)
Why work for them?
If you love solving problems, enjoy a challenge and have genuine enthusiasm for overcoming obstacles and learning, you’ll love it. Your people and technical skills will be tested every day. There are endless opportunities for you to develop and grow and you’ll really make a difference to all sorts of people. They look for colleagues who have a positive and results focused attitude and the ability to prioritise workload and work on their own initiative. The management team work closely together to build a strong team ethos and maximise the client experience with our business objectives at heart. So, if you are ambitious, focused and have a passion, they want to have you working with them!