Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Gillian Owen
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: General Counsel
Job Salary: £60000 - £70000 Per Annum
We are currently working with our Global client to recruit an experienced inhouse legal professional for the position of General Counsel, this is an opportunity to work with an established business consultancy providing Legal advice across a broad spectrum. We are especially looking for Professionals with a high level of Data Protection knowledge, but the role will cover the full remit of Contentious and Non contentious legal matters, Commercial litigation, Intellectual property, as well as company mergers and acquisitions.
This role will fulfil company Data Protection Officer duties with the company’s Inhouse legal team.
* Trusted advisor to the Group Directors on Commercial Litigation matters, Dispute Resolution and potential Mergers and Acquisitions.
* Handling matters arising from any pre-litigation work that may arise from Peninsula clients, colleagues or third parties,
* Advising Senior Managers including assisting or conducting internal hearings including investigations, grievances, capability or disciplinary proceedings and appeals,
* Reporting on progress of live issues to Legal Services Director and/or Chief Operations Officer ensuring that a proactive approach to all live issues is maintained.
* Line Management and operational responsibility for Group in House Legal Team.
* Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating global contracts with suppliers and working closely with key stakeholders on the contractual arrangements with clients.
* Overseeing and managing legal and compliance risks across the business and providing representation and commercial legal advice to protect the Group’s interests.
* A range of experience either within a leading Law Firm or In House.
* A specialism in data protection law
* A commitment to client service
* A positive approach to a busy workload and team ethic
* A genuine passion for colleague development and attention to detail
* A commercially focused approach with the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders.