Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Claims Consultant
Job Salary: £23000 - £25000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our client who provides Legal Expenses and General Liability insurance products to its intermediary business partners, brokers and MGAs. They have developed into a BBB secure rated insurer and will soon be launching its first Combined Liability insurance product offering to the Commercial SME sector.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to join a busy insurance claims team at a very exciting time as the company is going through a period of growth. The role has clear scope for development as the business continues to evolve. The successful candidate will process, review and manage insurance claims from notification to closure and ensure that claims are handled efficiently, making decisions on the extent and validity of insurance claims and ensuring that payments for valid claims are made to policyholders.
If you are highly motivated, professional and a great team player then this could be the perfect role for you. My client is looking for someone with excellent attention to detail and confident decision-making ability, who has the ability to communicate effectively and build and maintain relationships with their team as well as their policyholders.
* Collecting accurate information and documents to proceed with insurance claims.
* Processing new insurance claims notifications.
* Liaising with clients and ensuring all claims are handled in a timely and efficient manner.
* Analysing claims made by their policyholders and determining policy coverage.
* Ensuring the clients are treated fairly and receive excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines.
* Monitor the progress of claims and ensure prompt settlement (of valid claims) and closure of claims.
* Ensure that all claims related intelligence is recorded accurately.
* Experience in handling Legal Expenses and/or Liability insurance claims would be advantageous.
* Good working knowledge of insurance claims handling.
* Great customer service, negotiation, and decision-making skills.
* Good communicator and confident demeanour when dealing with people in all circumstances.
* Good organisational and time management skills.
* High attention to detail and sound report-writing skills.
A positive attitude and approach to a busy workload.