Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: London
Job Title: Group Service Desk Engineer
Job Salary: £25000 - £28000 Per Annum
Croner-i are a leader in knowledge and content for the Accountancy, Compliance, HR and Health & Safety sectors. We have a fantastic reputation and client base within these industries and have aggressive growth plans for the next 3 years and beyond. You are joining our organisation at an incredibly exciting time. Our client base is ever-expanding, and we are now a multi-award-winning place to work. Our consistent focus on client satisfaction continues, driven by the excellence of our people. The office is fast-paced and busy, so we look for colleagues who have a positive and results focused attitude. Through training and development, we make sure that everyone who works here has the resources they need to build their careers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the growing ICT Department and become a member of the Service Desk team working in a dynamic and fast paced environment with new challenges every day, based in our London Blackfriars office working within our Croner-i business.
You will be working in a team-based environment on the Service Desk, providing first line support to users in all our offices. Your main responsibilities will be providing first time fixes where possible, commissioning and building user equipment and triaging and escalating tickets when required.
A broad technical knowledge is required, alongside ITIL experience in Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Release, Event and Knowledge management. You will be forward thinking, customer focussed and self-motivated with the drive to improve all IT services and the user experience.
* Must aspire to a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything you do.
* Demonstrate strong organisational skills and be accountable for your daily workload
* Demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach
* Be customer focussed and ardent in ensuring that colleagues receive a high quality of service
The key objectives of your role are:
* To ensure that the Service Desk Manager and Group Head of IT Service Delivery UKI are kept informed of progress and in particular are told of major problems and/or issues in a timely manner
* Responsibility for being the first point of contact on the Service Desk.
* New Starters and Leavers administration
* Updating the knowledge base.
* Innovation and Continual Service Improvements.
* Responsibility for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and for providing efficient desktop support to all business users.
* To provide application support to our internal and external users.
* The department is responsible for resolving any IT related faults quickly and efficiently.
* To work within SLA and KPI targets to agreed business priorities.
* Setting up and configuring new laptops, desktops and mobile devices.
* Installing authorised software to laptops, desktops and mobile devices.
* Reporting faults and maintaining logs on desktops and laptops.
The Successful Group Service Desk Engineer must have:
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* ITIL experience.
* Experience in 1st line support.
* Experience with supporting customers over the phone and in person.
* Experience of ticket management.
* Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 / 2019
* Windows 7 / 10.
* Office 365
* Microsoft Office applications including Exchange.
* Active Directory and group policies.
* Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts.
* Patching of network and phones.
* Undertaking small- to medium-sized IT moves and projects.
* Be passionate about technology
* Mac OS
* Air Watch
* RingCentral cloud-based telephony service
What you bring to the Team
* Driven and results orientated
* Positive outlook and a focus on high quality delivery
* Strong communicator
* Must have the ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas easily to the team
* Must be motivated to ensure work is complete and according to the requirements on schedule and to a high quality.
* Must be reliable
* Is able to work under pressure in all situations
* The ideal candidate will ensure that correct decisions are made, and issues acted on in a timely manner.
* A dedication to getting the task done within any deadlines
What’s on offer?
* Generous basic salary up to £28k DOE
* The role is a permanent position with a 6-month probationary period. The working week is based on 37.5 hours.
* 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Profit Share Scheme
* Breakfast provided each Monday morning & monthly drinks
* Contributory company pension scheme
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Free on-site gym and subsidised canteen and coffee bar
* Access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Utilising cutting edge software along with the latest technologies backed by huge investment and infrastructure, where else would you want to develop your career as an IT professional?
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, click on the link to apply today.