Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Engineering
Contact Name: Christian Rowles
Job Location: Oxfordshire
Job Title: Assistant Procurement Manager
Job Salary: £33000 - £39500 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Deliver procurement support across the organisation, providing advice, guidance and delivering projects and complex tenders within timescales
This company are compliant with UK directives for procurement in the public sector, the Government Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) rules and requirements. Provides support and guidance for members of the procurement team, internal and external stakeholders, ensuring the delivery of a first-class procurement service to the organisation. Line manager for a small team of procurement specialists and required to deputise for senior colleagues.
Roles & responsibilities:
* Advisor to senior managers including Directors, Heads of Departments and Group Leaders on procurement and contractual strategies.
* Contributes to problem solving and decision making to develop specification requirements.
* Ensures compliance with Public Sector Procurement Regulations and internal processes.
* Within timescales, manages contracts from tender through to closure. This will include market engagement, evaluating bids, ensuring that value for money is always obtained, and resolving claims and disputes.
* Support the delivery of Studentship and Academic research contracts.
* Responsible for negotiating with the relevant parties including external companies to arrive at appropriate commercial agreements.
* Provides general support, advise and coaching/delivery of training on commercial matters across the organisation.
* Contribute to the evolution of Authority’s commercial terms and conditions, policies and working practices.
* Identifies opportunities for improvements and proposes solutions to contribute to continuous improvement within UKAEA.
* Line manager of a small team of procurement specialists, providing performance feedback, completing their APS, and supporting and advising them with their day-to-day activities.
* Required to deputise for the Procurement manager and the Procurement Business Partner at a variety of meetings, making decisions in line with commercial delegation
Experience & requirements:
* Experience of Public Sector Procurement and Find a tender process.
* A good technical appreciation of the range of procurement categories
* Experience of leading a wide range of tender exercises from market engagement through to contract award.
* Good procurement strategic knowledge and experience.
* Commercially astute and customer focused
* Good negotiation skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficiency in Word and Excel
* Strong numerical, analyticial and attention to detail skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a good team player with ability to work effectively as part of the Group Procurement Team
* Line management experience
* Working towards MCIPS
* An understanding of NEC form of contract
* Procuring services through framework agreements e.g. CCS,ESPO
* Procurement experience within Corporate Support Categories