Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Lara Salmons
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Bid Manager
Job Salary: £40000 - £50000 Per Annum
This role is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of the Bids team, within a company who are market leaders in their field. You will be responsible for ensuring that the business produces consistently high quality, relevant bids, and proposals on time in line with their core values.
As Manager, you’ll be taking full ownership from inception to completion of bids and will require the ability to produce accurate, tailored, highly professional documents with engaging content in line with business needs.
You’ll be managing and mentoring the team, identifying areas of learning and development through quality checks, and bid feedback while proactively manage the bid process for new business and existing clients, supporting our sales growth plans and retention strategy.
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
* Managing & identifying new tender opportunities
* Drafting high quality tender and proposal responses for clients across the public, private and charity sectors for complex, high value opportunities.
* Manage continuous improvement and development for the team, providing leadership and guidance.
* Conducting research to enhance bids including sector research, client research, competitor research and research into the wider wellbeing market.
* Preparing the presentation deck ahead of bid presentations, providing a full briefing to key stakeholders.
* Working closely with Relationship Management team on compelling renewal stories to drive retention success.
* Building effective relationships with key departments in order to gain buy-in.
* Development and delivery of presentations drawing on themes from the tender.
* Development of clear reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis showing value, conversion and win themes and trends.
* Continuous development of the bid library including writing new case studies, proof statements and development from bid feedback.
* Converting existing client intelligence and market research into compelling themes for the wider team providing coaching where required.
* Proactively develop and manage a network of subject matter experts from our internal stakeholders and partnerships.
* Development and innovation of our services in line with client requirements.
To be successful, as a Bid Manager, you’ll require:
* Measurable experience in a bidding or proposal environment or writing proposals/funding applications.
* Strong communication, written and oral skills, with experience of proof-reading.
* The ability to manage multiple projects, always maintaining an excellent standard of work.
* The ability to take full ownership of tasks, be dynamic and driven with the ability to work confidently both independently and as part of a team.
* Commerciality and an interest in developing strong business acumen.
* Excellent attention to detail
* Being a good team player who thrives under pressure and can flexibly work to deadlines.
Proficient use of computers, including MS Office and MS Teams.
It is advantageous, but not essential if you have the following:
* Achievement of a 2:1 at degree level in relevant field (e.g. English, Psychology, Business)
* Experience and knowledge in the health care, counselling, or wellbeing market.
* Proficient in the use of Salesforce, adding leads and updating/ converting to opportunities, as required
The business is keen for a professional with the appetite to learn and develop, therefore if you can demonstrate a commitment to career development through recent professional roles, ideally through bid writing positions, this will be highly valued.
Why work for them?
* Access to hundreds of exclusive Perkbox discounts
* Employee Profit Share scheme
* Day off for your birthday / self-care
* Competitive holiday entitlement
* Social events hosted throughout the year
* Fab Fridays – dress down and free food
* Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
* Life insurance cover
* Career pathway
* Private health insurance after 5 years’ service
* Christmas bonus after 3 years’ service