Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Bid Writer
Job Salary: £20000 - £24000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our Client who are a trusted health and wellbeing network who have been making a positive difference in over 13 million lives, in their search to add a Bid Writer to their team. Our client offer the most comprehensive employee assistance programme on the market, giving 24/7 caring and compassionate support services to employers from organisations of all sizes, across the private, public and non-profit sector, to business partners, individual users, employees and their family members.
We are looking for a driven, hard-working candidate with strong communication, written and oral skills with a desire to pursue excellence in a career with our client. This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of the Bids team, within a company who are market leaders in their field. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the business produces consistently high quality, relevant bids and proposals on time in line with their core values. The ability to produce accurate, tailored, highly professional documents with engaging content in line with business needs is essential.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
* Monitoring portals for new tender opportunities as they arise and notifying the team.
* Drafting tender and proposal responses for prospect and existing clients across the public, private and charity sectors.
* Creating, proof reading and editing responses offering critical and insightful analysis.
* Taking full ownership from inception to completion of bids allocated as lead.
* Conducting research to enhance bids including sector research, client research, competitor research and research into the wider wellbeing market.
* Responding to ad hoc requests for content from staff within the business.
* Updating the presentation deck ahead of bid presentations, providing a full briefing to key stakeholders.
* Continuous development of the bid library including writing new case studies, proof statements and development from bid feedback.
* Support the Head of Bid Management and wider team in developing a bid strategy for each operating sector.
* Converting existing client intelligence and market research into compelling themes for the wider team providing coaching where required.
* Keeping the bid library up to date and accurate.
* Proactively develop and manage a network of subject matter experts from our internal stakeholders and partnerships.
* Development and innovation of our services in line with client requirements.
In order to be considered for this opportunity it is essential that you have the following:
* A good team player who thrives under pressure and is able to flexibility work to deadlines.
* Strong communication, written and oral skills, with experience of proof-reading.
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects, maintaining an excellent standard of work at all times.
* Ability to take full ownership of tasks, be dynamic and driven with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
* Commerciality and an interest in developing business acumen.
* Must work with excellent attention to detail.