Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Business Intelligence Report Developer
Job Salary: £45000 - £50000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our award-wining, multinational HR & Employment Law services client in their search for a BI Reporting Developer to add to their team! The leading UK’s Employment Law and Health & Safety Specialists, who provide a service to 28,000 Client’s daily business operations are on the hunt.
We are seeking a BI Report Developer to join an established BI team and work on a variety of projects. Your role will be to support the BI team with end-to-end projects & the continuous maintenance of the current BI estate. As a BI Report Developer you will have the opportunity to pick up new skills working with other development teams as well as help train & mentor junior members of the team.
The BI Report Developer will work on a range of BI reporting technologies such as SQL, SSRS & Power BI. You will work closely with stakeholders to ensure requirements are gathered and translated into robust solutions. Your role will be to produce quality reporting in both Power BI for our new reports and SSRS for our suite of existing reports.
The key responsibilities of this job include:
* Produce high quality reporting solutions to the business based on agreed criteria in Power BI and SSRS
* Work closely with Stakeholders on reporting requirements ensuring the solution is delivered to spec
* Manage any support queries from the job queue for any amendments or issues to existing reporting
* To be pro-active in suggesting and proposing creative solutions or new technologies to support the department and the wider group of companies.
* To work within schedules and deadlines to agreed business priorities
* To provide support to end-users as required both in developed solutions & across existing technical content
* Work closely with the wider ICT team to recommend and agree technological solutions to meet business requirements
* To aid colleagues across the business in effective interpretation of data
* Maintenance & Creation of support documentation
What you Bring to the Team
* You are an experienced Reporting professional with a good understanding of SQL scripting and stored procedures gained in a BI and reporting development environment
* Extensive experience using Power BI and SSRS
* You can demonstrate a good understanding of database architecture and database design
* You work collaboratively with those around you proactively building exceptional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders – you are equally able to shape the decisions with well-informed views
* Mentoring of junior members of the team to support with their professional development
* You have experience in dimensional warehousing and ETL would be desirable
What we can offer you
* Flexible working available (50% split between home and office working)
* Fantastic workplace in Manchester city centre
* Working with talented people with opportunities to always learn
* Dynamic fast paced environment
* Commercially driven and successful
* No boundaries to development