Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Manufacturing
Contact Name: Christian Rowles
Job Location: Norfolk
Job Title: Category Buyer - Materials
Job Salary: £32000 - £40000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
A brand new role in a very successful and growing manufacturing business, for a Commodity Buyer to join the purchasing team to get involved in a range of procurement activities.
You’ll have a wide remit across all materials, negotiating with suppliers, sourcing new opportunities but also happy to roll your sleeves up and support on the more operational, low level tasks. Due to the nature of the business, you will be working on some very high volume projects, when sometimes there needs to be a quick turnaround with last minute change.
* Ensure that the cost and value of all products and services are optimised, with a key focus on cost down and cost out value engineering.
* Drive improvement in the department processes from sourcing to fulfilment for a diverse range of commodities and suppliers.
* Contribute to the development of formal procedures around all aspects of the procurement cycle including new supplier introductions and non-production purchasing.
* Support the design function with product development through identification of suite of fit out and exterior clad suppliers who can meet the needs of all functions of the business.
* Instil a cost-down ethos into the sourcing function ensuring key commodity sets are regularly put out to tender.
* Ensure that the supplier base is managed, monitored and measured in line with Service Level Agreements
* Confident negotiator, able to hold their own with supplier meetings and internal stakeholders
* Ideally worked in a Technical industry, such as Manufacturing, Engineering, Construction but open to other relevant industries
* Proven experience in creating cost savings or improvements to general efficiency
* CIPS or Degree is preferable but not essential