Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Ireland
Job Title: Claims Assessor
Job Salary: €30000 - €40000 Per Annum
Our Client, a leading provider of HR and Employment Law, are looking for an experienced Claims Consultant to join their team based in their Dublin office. The successful candidate will review employment tribunal claims made against their clients, assess the circumstances and events leading up to these claims and make decisions on the extent of coverage under their legal protection products, to include insured and non-insured matters.
The successful candidate will work with their Litigation Team to drive proactive management of employment claims, including recommending settlements on behalf of the Company or on behalf of the Group’s insurer. This role will require a good working knowledge of employment law and will ensure that employment tribunal claims are handled efficiently and make decisions on the extent and validity of cover. The ideal candidate will be a great team player with a collaborative attitude and have the ability to communicate effectively and build and maintain relationships both internally and with their clients.
* Reviewing tribunal papers to identify the core issues and assessing same against detailed logs of advice given to respondents.
* Analysing claims made by clients on foot of such tribunal papers and determining coverage under relevant legal protection products.
* Preparing coverage reports.
* Liaising with clients and explaining coverage decisions.
* Monitoring the progress of claims and ensuring prompt settlement (of valid claims) and closure of claims.
* Working with our Litigation team in identifying the appropriate reserve to be set aside for valid claims as those claims progress.
* Ensuring the clients are treated fairly and receive excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines.
* Ensure that all claims related intelligence is recorded accurately on our internal systems.
* Communicate effectively and build and maintain relationships both internally and with our clients.
* Foster excellent working relationships with all departments, particularly our advisory department, to ensure that service delivery is reflective and consistent with our legal protection products.
* Prepare accurate weekly and monthly reports for the Management Team and Directors.
* To carry out any other tasks deemed necessary by the Management Team.
* A good working knowledge of Employment Law.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Confident decision-making ability.
* A positive attitude and approach to a busy workload.
* High standard of written and verbal communication.
* Excellent team working skills.
* Strong IT skills.