Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Claims Manager
Job Salary: £50000 - £55000 Per Annum
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our client who provide Legal Expenses and General Liability insurance products to its intermediary business partners, brokers and MGAs. They have developed into a BBB secure rated insurer and will soon be launching its first Combined Liability insurance product offering to the Commercial SME sector.
We are looking for a high calibre Claims Manager capable of strong strategic leadership and established technical abilities. Prior claims management and technical insurance knowledge as well as legal experience are required. Sound commercial and intellectual skills are also required to lead and direct a broad range of technical and legal challenges. The ability to demonstrate an ability to manage complex technical and legal issues, and to be able to make strong decisions is essential.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for managing all new and existing delegated outsourced claims handling arrangements, as well as being responsible for the performance and development of the members of the in-house claims team. This person will report directly to the CEO and be part of the senior management team.
* Leading, motivating, and developing a team of specialist claims professionals.
* Ensuring the Claims, Underwriting and Actuarial functions are fully aligned.
* Be an active member of the senior management team ensuring the claims offering and underwriting intentions are fully aligned.
* Serve as an experienced point of reference for your claims team adding insight, a second pair of eyes and authority where necessary.
* Contributing to strategic development of the claims team in line with the company strategy and vision.
* Monitoring the development of key reporting metrics and responding accordingly
* Internal reporting regarding the claim’s portfolio and large losses to the CEO, and, on occasion, the Management Team, and the Board.
* Promoting and delivering a continuous improvement culture within the Claims function to deliver a superior service to policyholders.
* Professionally managing experts, third party service providers and cover holders to ensure a high level of service
* Representing the Claims function in front of brokers and policyholders.
* Significant people management and leadership experience.
* Strong operational skills, including both business process and systems.
* Ability to exercise sound commercial judgement.
* Demonstrate experience of leading a team in a constantly changing and fast paced environment.
* Possess a high degree of confidence and maturity with the ability to influence stakeholders across all levels, including senior management and Board level.
* Ability to translate strategic thinking into tangible plans and delivery to drive the business to achieve its agreed goals.
* Good financial acumen and intuition, with an ability to handle large and complex issues and data.
* Highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in an environment where the pace and quality of response and leadership is critical to success.
* Significant experience within the Insurance market.
* CII qualified or equivalent is essential.
* Proven track record and experience in Claims Leadership role.
* Experience working within these areas of a business; underwriting legal expenses and general liability business.