Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Commercial Sales Accountant
Job Salary: Competitive Salary
Commercial Sales Accountant
Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing an award-wining, Software provider based in the heart of Manchester, providing people solutions to over 50,000 clients worldwide. Reporting to the Head of Finance, this role is to ensure the accurate and consistent calculation of sales figures across the business, monitoring and reporting actual results against targets and helping the business make the best decisions about pricing, product costing and sales strategy. This is currently done by separate teams across the business and the successful candidate will bring all the reporting into centralised, consolidated reports. They are currently looking for a Commercial Sales Accountant to complement their growth and proposed growth of the sales department and this role provides a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-paced Finance team within a dynamic and fast growing sales-led group of companies.
* Reporting and reconciling new business, ensuring declared deals are aligned to company policies and procedures.
* Working closely with the sales team, providing greater insight around the key elements of contract sales including lead channels, pricing, discounting, product mix, and sales commissions.
* Help the business make the best decisions about pricing, product costing and sales strategy.
* Provide up-to-date reporting of sales performance throughout the month, quarter and YTD.
* Ensure sales data architecture is well designed, maintained, and scalable in order to regularly determine and set commission rate entitlement and monitor results against targets at both sales team and individual levels.
* Ensure data reconciliation procedures are rigorously maintained and developed between the Salesforce and Contract databases.
* Provide insight, analysis and reporting around the following areas: Lead conversion rates and costs. Cost of acquisition and product/sector mix. Pricing and discounting at individual levels and team. Commissions’ analysis at individual levels and team.
* Work closely with the Sales management team to ensure a strong two-way communication process is implemented and effective.
* Contribute to the setting of sales budgets and forecasts, driving revenue and commission calculations.
* Be an effective member of the Contract Authorisation and Commercial Review team.
* Ensure reconciliation procedures operate effectively, ensuring the accuracy of commission and bonus payments.
* Strong accountancy and analytical skills
* Commercially driven.
* Have a recognised accountancy qualification or be part qualified – CIMA or ACCA
* Strong analytical skills.
* Have strong Excel skills – V-lookups and Pivot Tables (Macros would be advantageous)
* Previous experience with Salesforce would be advantageous
* Possess strong communication skills – develop positive working relationships within the finance function and sales teams including challenging sales team and managing up