Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Essex
Job Title: Credit Controller
Job Salary: £25000 - £27000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
The Portfolio Group are working with a highly-reputable expanding organisation based on the border of Essex/East London, looking to take on their first or second role within a Credit Control position. They have seen year on year growth and consistently produced impressive company profits coming out of the pandemic as a stronger organisation
This is a fundamental role within a well-established team reporting to a highly successful and experienced Credit Manager. You will take ownership of the Credit Control and Sales Ledger process and be brought up to speed on how the company operates. The role will be best suited to a recent graduate or school leaver with a degree obtained relatable to finance, numeracy or industry experience looking to develop their knowledge.
* Responsible for managing the outstanding debtor book.
* Ensure timely payments are made for due and outstanding invoices.
* Reconciling invoices and resolving account queries.
* Managing the Credit limits and being the main point of contact for the wider finance.
* Advanced query management and resolution.
* Work on aged debt projects and focus on personal collection targets.
* Liaising with clients and chasing payment of invoices.
* Allocating payments to client accounts.
* Providing statements to all accounts managed.
* Resolving client invoice queries.
* Arranging for invoices to be adjusted via credit and re-issue process when required.
* Using client online portals where relevant.
* Liaising with sales teams on any client account matters.
* Ensuring monthly cash collections and aged debt targets are adhered to.
* Keep clients within an acceptable credit limit.
* Maintaining client contacts records.
Essential skills and competencies:
* An excellent eye for detail is essential for this role.
* Good know-how on Microsoft packages including Excel is beneficial but will be taught where necessary.
* Enthusiastic, with a good work ethic, someone who is willing to go above and beyond.
* Confident with strong communication skills, experience dealing with customers ideally.
* Competence and experience with Dimensions.
* Ability to work to strict deadlines.