Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Media/Advertising/Publishing
Contact Name: Lara Salmons
Job Location: London
Job Title: Development Editor
Job Salary: £28000 - £32000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
This position represents a fantastic opportunity for someone wishing to develop their career in digital publishing within a privately owned, fast-growing company. This role is responsible for managing the process of developing, sourcing and managing our portfolio of products in the business compliance sector.
As a Development Editor, you’ll be using your expert sector knowledge to think up creative & unique ways to produce engaging technical & legal content and managing the end-to-end process of commissioning digital copywriters and authors to deliver against a content plan.
Day to Day
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
* Identifying market trends and sector developments to drive & transform into an industry-leading, original digital content plan
* Creating and managing a content pipeline against a timeline and within budget
* Sourcing, commissioning, and briefing authors & subject experts to deliver an array of content assets
* Preparing and editing commissioned content, complex documents & technical assets for production
* Uploading content assets via our CMS with support of the Production Editors
* Owning and producing an E-newsletter
* Analysing data and ROI of each commissioned content piece to prioritise content pipeline
* Reviewing all products to identify improvements that could add value and repurposing any existing content in line with current trends
* Communicating and training the Sales team on any new product features and content assets
* Managing customer queries and feedback relating to content
You will be successful if you have the creative flair to proactively foresee what content assets would be beneficial to our customers, enhancing our product offering and ensuring that we remain though-leaders in your specialist sector while being able to manage and build loyal relationships with your own network of authors and project managing the whole process.
* Experience of working in a B2B publishing environment either as a sub-editor or with publishing project management
* A sharp eye for detail and passion for an extremely high level of accuracy
* Strong, persuasive communication skills and a knack for networking
* Strong Commercial acumen
* Resilience to change and the ability to adapt to work in a digital environment
* A positive, pro-active and can-do attitude
* Basic technical experience of using a CMS and Email Marketing software
With positions available in both our Employment Law and Health & Safety sectors, any previous knowledge in these areas is an advantage. Alternatively, experience within a technical subject matter working with complex documentation or compliance referencing information would be advantageous.
Why Join our Team?
Croner-i are a leader in knowledge and content for the HR and Health & Safety, Accountancy and Tax Compliance sectors. We have a fantastic reputation and client base within these industries, and have
aggressive growth plans for the next 3 years and beyond. You are joining our organisation at an incredibly exciting time. Our client base is ever-expanding and our consistent focus on client satisfaction continues, driven by the excellence of our people. The office is fast-paced and busy so we look for colleagues who have a positive and results focused attitude. Through training and development, we make sure that everyone who works here has the resources they need to build their careers.