Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: London
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Job Salary: £55000 - £60000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
My client, a professional services consultancy who provide resources, guidance and tools for Accountancy, Tax Compliance, HR and Health & Safety professionals via there online content platform are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join the team! Are you seeking your next challenge?
What we need..
An individual with a strong background in managing scalable, reliable Linux-based environments running on AWS and are comfortable with an Infrastructure as Code approach through tools like Ansible and Terraform. Now you’re seeking to hone your skills in an environment that already has a high degree of automation, yet still offers enough challenge to push your skills forward.
You’ll relish rather than fear the level of autonomy we offer, bringing enough confidence in your abilities to help take our existing DevOps story to the next level, knowing you can get support from our Head Office DevOps team when you need it. You see yourself as the person who glues the developer and operations communities together to ensure smooth, frequent releases and are always ready to advocate for new tools and approaches to continually improve processes and outcomes.
* Work closely with our developers to deploy new and existing applications (based primarily on Drupal, Laravel and Python) frequently and reliably across multiple environments
* Spin up and tear down EC2 instances through IAC with Terraform, perform configuration management using Ansible.
* Maintain our CI pipeline automation (currently in Jenkins) and enhance development workflows and business processes.
* Use tools such as CloudWatch, New Relic and the AWS Console to actively monitor and support deployments and BAU.
* Enable the business to take advantage of advancements in orchestration and containerisation (e.g. Docker).
* Demonstrate an understanding of our broader AWS networking infrastructure: load-balancing, firewalling and network segmentation and be able to perform basic troubleshooting on these.
* Perform ad-hoc Linux administration as necessary.
* Maintain technical documentation relating to your responsibilities.
* As our sole on-site DevOps Engineer, build relations with our Head Office DevOps team and our local Dev and Ops teams to spread best practice and exchange ideas.
* Stay abreast of AWS developments to improve delivery quality, frequency and to lower costs.
* Demonstrate awareness of security issues, intelligently prioritise these and collaborate with the Development team and our InfoSec team to ensure our systems remain safe and secure.
* Work with our Scrum Master and the development team to continually improve our release cadence.
Why join us?
We are a leader in knowledge and content for the Accountancy, Tax Compliance, HR and Health & Safety sectors. We have a fantastic reputation and client base within these industries and have aggressive growth plans for the next 3 years and beyond. You’d join our organisation at an incredibly exciting time. Our client base is ever-expanding and our consistent focus on client satisfaction continues, driven by the excellence of our people. The office is fast-paced and busy, so we look for colleagues who have a positive and results focused attitude. Through training and development, we make sure that everyone who works here has the resources they need to build their careers.