Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Lara Salmons
Job Location: England
Job Title: Evening Counsellor
Job Salary: £26000 - £27000 Per Annum
Remote – Evening Counsellor; Portfolio are proud to be exclusively representing our Client who are a trusted health and wellbeing network who have been making a positive difference in over 13 million lives, in their search to add a Telephone Counsellor to their team. Our client offer the most comprehensive employee assistance programme on the market, giving 24/7 caring and compassionate support services to employers from organisations of all sizes, across the private, public and non-profit sector, to business partners, individual users, employees and their family members.
We are looking for professional, hard-working candidates with strong communication, high levels of computer literacy and high levels of organisational ability with a desire to provide emotional support and guidance and make a difference to people’s lives. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing one off emotional support to individuals, conduct clinical assessments and sign post to specialised support services. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop in a professional healthcare environment and to make a difference to many people’s lives.
Day to Day Responsibilities as an Evening Telephone Counsellor:
* To provide an efficient and effective telephone counselling service to all callers.
* To effectively answer calls and triage to determine the most appropriate type of support required, i.e. advice, counselling etc.
* To demonstrate an ability to work with a variety of individuals and presenting issues, including those who are distressed.
* To take accurate information and record on the data base.
* Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the products available to a caller and understand what support is most appropriate for the individual’s needs. i.e., Debt, Legal, Critical Illness, Talk to a Doctor etc.
* Warm transferring callers to the appropriate person and managing expectations at all times. i.e. Legal Department, Talk to a Doctor.
* Provide “In the moment support” to callers presenting with support needs.
* To arrange follow up and check in calls when deemed appropriate.
* Conduct full and robust clinical assessments in accordance to policy.
* Effectively identify and manage risk in accordance with Health Assured’s “Risk Policy”.
* Understand and embrace a “Solution Focused Philosophy” in order to help a caller achieve an outcome in the shortest space of time possible.
* Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and to prioritise call lengths to ensure that “call backs” are reduced to an absolute minimum.
* Demonstrate the ability to provide excellent customer service at all time.
Requirements as an Evening Telephone Counsellor:
* Minimum diploma level 4 in Counselling & minimum of 100 counselling hours
* Relevant telephone experience
Adventageous but not essential for an Evening Telephone Counsellor:
* High level of computer literacy (MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
* High level of organisational ability; ability to work to tight deadlines and targets
* Good communication and customer service skills
* Accredited with the BACP or eligible for the accreditation process
* EAP experience is desirable.
* BACP (or equivalent) membership and accreditation paid for
* BACP CBD Hub
* Up to £60 per month for supervision
* Inhouse supervision
* Monthly incentives such as weekends away!
* 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (plus an additional 2 days after 2 years service)
* Birthday Off/Mental Health Day
* Profit Share Scheme
* Perkbox (staff discount scheme)
* Christmas bonus after 3 years of service
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Fab Fridays- dress down & free treats
* Allied Pride Network
* Social events throughout the year
* Free breakfast on Mondays
* Fresh fruit delivered to the office each week
* Free annual flu vaccine
* Private health insurance after 5 years service
* Life Insurance
* Discounted eye test
* Discounted glasses/contact lenses prescription