Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Anthony Macey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Finance Director
Job Salary: £80000 - £85000 Per Annum
An outstanding opportunity for a progressive and commercially focused Qualified Senior Finance Leader to join this award-winning International professional serviced organisation. You will lead and drive the continual development of the finance function, delivering effective financial control, insightful and accurate financial management information and steer commercial decision making.
Joining as the Associate Director of Finance you will play a key role within the Senior Management team engaging closely with key stakeholders across sales, consultancy, operations and back-office functions supporting the strategic and operational direction of the business.
The successful candidate will have sound accountancy knowledge, systems and controls experience, a track record of adding value to business performance and will be an excellent communicator capable of engaging with key internal stakeholders across all levels.
* Leading and developing the UK Finance Team.
* Drive business performance with a focus on management accounting, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, profitability and pricing.
* Acting as a key interface with the executive team, Group executive and Group finance function including presentation of results to relevant stakeholders.
* Coordinating the preparation and review of all budgets and forecasts (including cash flow forecasts) in line with group requirements.
* Ensuring the timely preparation and accuracy of monthly management accounts and quarterly reports, analysing and communicating deviations to targets.
* Working alongside the sales and operational teams to identify and generate data-driven insight to support the performance objectives of the business including sales and cost management opportunities.
* Managing the preparation and production of annual financial statements, including key accounting policies and methodologies, and taking oversight of the external audit activities in respect of such accounts.
* Working closely with Group Finance to ensure information is provided and consolidated in a timely and consistent manner, in line with other group entities.
* Overseeing the preparation & review of VAT and other statutory and regulatory returns.
* Ensuring month-end reporting and reconciliation procedures and controls are effective and appropriately documented.
* Engaging with the Payroll and Commissions Manager to ensure the accuracy and smooth running of the monthly payroll process, incorporating the accurate reporting of sales and calculation of commissions and bonus payments.
* Leading the contract authorisation team and ensuring regular reviews of client level profitability.
* Monitoring debtor performance by regularly interacting with Group Credit Manager.
* Work closely with the Group Finance to review and develop systems to meet changing requirements, enhance data quality and drive revenue and operational efficiency improvements.
* Effective coaching and progression of the finance team, nurturing and recruiting talent as appropriate to ensure the achievement of departmental objectives.
Skills and experience required:
* A recognised accountancy qualification.
* Ability to organise and prioritise workload within a fast-paced environment.
* Possess effective communication, influencing and presentation skills.
* Demonstrate a sound knowledge of financial reporting, systems and compliance procedures.
* Possess strong commercial acumen with extensive business partnering experience.
* Ability to effectively manage, motivate and develop a team.
* Knowledge or understanding of the FCA regulatory environment is preferred but not essential.