Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Graduate Cyber Security Analyst
Job Salary: £23000 - £26000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the growing security team in this market leading company. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Information Security, Computer Forensics or similar qualification. Alternatively, prior experience in the field of information and cyber security would be equally desirable. The successful candidate will work closely with all areas of the InfoSec team and wider business and gain a working knowledge of SOC processes, protective monitoring techniques and incident handling.
This role with provide hands on experience and entry into a career in the rewarding field of Cyber Security.
Knowledge/Experience in some of the following areas:
* Working knowledge of cyber-attack techniques and tools and implementing effective mitigation controls
* Understanding of up to date security threats and common exploits
* Threat vectors against Windows, Mac & Linux Platforms
* Anti-Virus & Malware protection
* SIEM (Security Information Event Management)
* Cloud Services (Azure, O365, AWS)
* Incident Management processes
* Understanding of adversary motivations in cybercrime and phishing attacks
* Network Monitoring & Intrusion Detection
* Practical experience in some of the following technologies would be desirable: Kali Linux, ParrotSec or other Debian penetration testing tools, Python, Bash scripting, Web or Programming languages
* Exposure to Threat Hunting, Vulnerability Scanning or Penetration Testing
The successful applicant will be:
* Using analytical skills to learn how to evaluate risks posed by cyber and security threats and providing this information for decision-making purposes in reports
* Learning how to develop effective security solutions to detect, prevent and mitigate cyber attacks
* Analysing security threats and incidents and learning how to respond effectively
* Working closely with SIEM and DLP technologies and processes
* Providing visibility and status updates on a regular basis to management and other stakeholders
* Working closely with the other team members to actively manage day to day activities
* Supporting the team in collecting critical documents, presentations and other communications and ensuring appropriate messaging to our stakeholders
* Ensuring that key business goals are understood and factored in to the security work flow.
* Participating, leading and contributing to relevant project meetings.
* Learning about risk and information governance in cyber security
* Become a recognised subject matter expert and key contact within the context of their role.
If you are bright, enthusiastic and quick to learn, this role may be for you.
Why Join our Team?
This is a superb place to work if you love solving problems, enjoy a challenge and have genuine enthusiasm for overcoming obstacles and learning, you’ll love it. Your people and technical skills will be tested every day. There are endless opportunities for you to develop and grow and you’ll really make a difference to all sorts of people.
If you have knowledge and experience for most of these requirements and this sounds like the role for you then click apply today!