Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Leicestershire
Job Title: Health and Safety Advisor
Job Salary: £26000 - £28000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Providing advice, assistance and training on all employment law and Health and safety matters both within Croner Group Ltd and to our clients. Assisting with any general management tasks and ensuring that you and fellow colleagues are providing legally competent advice with consideration of the emotional factors and wider support available through Croner Group Ltd.
* Ensure that personal knowledge of health and safety best practice is continually updated.
* To assist with all health and safety enquiries received.
* To take ownership and responsibility for on-going cases where health and safety advice is required from all departments across the business.
* To provide support and advice to clients in regards to information/documentation to assist them in implementing the advice provided, this does not include drafting correspondence.
* Ensure that all advice is recorded accurately against the appropriate cases and all other client and call information is correctly captured on the database.
* Review client/Health Assured documentation as required.
* Attend legal briefings and internal company training ensuring advice complies with Health
* Assured service standards.
* Ensure departmental protocols are adhered to ensuring a high quality level of service is provided at all times.
* Maintain required productivity levels to ensure that the service provision is maintained.
* Ensure that all requests for advice are dealt and that the relevant service levels are achieved.
* Attend and complete training as required.
* Escalate any complaints in regards to any advice given in line with the company complaints procedure. Providing an overview of the advice provided if an investigation is required.
* Maintain communication with all relevant team members across the Health Assured organisation especially in relation to on-going cases.
* Assist with Subject Access Requests (SARs) received from employees when requested, ensuring that the process is adhered to in terms of the administration process.
* Assist with internal health and safety matters, to provide advice and case management support, including assisting with drafting of letters and minute taking at meetings if required.
* Ensure compliance and adherence to protocols in terms of the requirements for maintaining the ISO accreditation.
* Attend client meetings and conference calls as required to assist/advise with any health and safety related matters.
* To maintain confidentiality and discretion when dealing with any enquiries, or sensitive information obtained as part of the role.
* Assisting with requests for articles which have health and safety topic.
* Undertaking research as required to support all departments as required in respect of managing cases.
* Communicating any employment law updates to relevant team members where the change may impact the work undertaken by the clinical/advice teams.
* Assist with any amendments required to any Croner Group templates, documents, letters, etc. where a change in case law may impact the wording on any standard documentation.
* Attend team meetings for all departments as required.
* Able to work on your own initiative.
* To ensure that departmental protocols are adhered to.
* Able to maintain a professional and responsible attitude at all times.
* Able to work as part of a busy team.
* Able to organise and prioritise workload accordingly to ensure work is completed within a timely manner.
* Ensure effective communication at all times.
* Carry out any other tasks deemed necessary by the Management Team.
What you Bring to the Team
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position
* Broad knowledge of health and safety law
* Generalist knowledge of other legal areas, such as civil, criminal, family and housing.
* Experience in dealing with clients at a senior management level
* Ability to learn, research and interpret law quickly and effectively.
* Ability to prioritise and work unsupervised as required
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Excellent communication and written skills
* MS Office knowledge and experience