Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Health & Safety Advisor
Job Salary: £25000 - £29000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
To provide H&S advice to a wide variety of clients of Peninsula throughout different sectors within the Advice Team and to support the health & safety consultancy in technical matters.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and hardworking H&S Advisor who will be responsible for providing H&S advice and documentation to clients, to actively own cases to resolution, building rapport and relationships with clients on each interaction. The ideal candidate will be highly organised with excellent attention to detail. You will need to have the ability to work under pressure and keep a level head whilst being able to use your initiative and follow instructions within a busy office environment.
* Ensure that personal knowledge of Health and Safety and best practice is continually updated.
* Achieve a measured set KPIs to support all clients with quality sound advice in a productive manner within set SLAs in order to provide a first call resolution. This will be predominately call advice and adjusted accordingly by your particular caseload whilst being available for the members.
* Undertake health and safety audits in accordance with departmental protocols and contract requirements, in particular where SLAs are in place.
* Submit any relevant reports or other such associated documents in accordance with client demand and departmental protocols
* Advise and instruct clients in the use of Health and Safety Management systems and other relevant technical documents and online services
* Review client documentation and provide advice accordingly taking their internal terms and conditions into account.
* To actively own cases to resolution, building rapport and relationships with clients on each interaction.
* To liaise with external Enforcement Agencies on behalf of clients, when approved and requested by Senior Management.
* To log all advice accurately onto the bespoke internal system, taking ownership and responsibility for ongoing cases.
* Refer to Company internal training and legal updates to ensure that advice provided is compliant with our services.
* To be flexible and adaptable in order to ensure the client’s service is always of a high standard.
* Carry out other tasks that are deemed necessary by the Management Team.
* To research information required to provide detailed health and safety guidance and technical support to clients and consultants.
* Assist the H&S Manager in the writing of Guidance Notes, Standard Phrases and Checklists.
* To provide articles on key areas of health and safety for the company publications, such as the Bottom Line Express ezine.
* Participate in a training agreement in respect of achieving health and safety qualifications, and attending training outside of core hours, where required
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the department and the overall business objectives of the organisation
What you Bring to the Team
* A “can-do” attitude with the ability to drive, motivate and support yourself to achieve your best performance overall and for each individual.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, adaptable environment.
* Strong customer services skills and strong ability to multi skill.
* Excellent time management and the ability to achieve challenging deadlines.
* A dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure
Why Join our Team?
This is a fantastic multi award-winning place to work if you enjoy being exposed to a wide variety of health & safety queries issues across all different sectors. The office is fast-paced and busy, so we look for team members who have a positive and results focused attitude. The management team work closely together to build team and client experience with the business objectives at heart. So, if you are ambitious, focused and have a passion for being a member of a succesful health & safety team, you’ll soon discover that there are unlimited opportunities for you at Peninsula