Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Recruitment
Contact Name: Leona McCarthy
Job Location: Oxfordshire
Job Title: HRBP
Job Salary: £39655 - £51816 Per Annum
(12 months initially with a view to go perm)
Can be based fully remote but would need to travel to the head office in Oxford once a month.
In this role, you will be leading the HR Policy and Practice Workstream to review and deliver a suite of HR policies that reflect the organisation’s culture, values and ways of working. Working with and through others in the UK and internationally, you will be designing and delivering policy and practice frameworks that focus on being compliant (both legally and with our values), are people-centred and contribute to Oxfam’s aim to become a truly safe, feminist and anti-racist organisation.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be/have:
* Significant experience in leading HR/ER delivery gained within a large, unionised organisation and with multiple stakeholders.
* Strong project management and consultancy skills and ability to lead and facilitate diverse perspectives through a process to co-create and deliver output to an agreed brief.
* Ability to write HR policies and create supporting materials in an accessible and user-friendly (i.e. jargon-free) way.
* Experience in managing and developing others (inside and outside HR) to build knowledge, understanding and capability in policy and practice development and implementation. Includes skills-building across the wider management community.
* Up to date and in-depth knowledge of UK employment law, and employee relations practices.
* Experienced in contributing to medium-term strategic and operational business planning and delivery of successful outcomes with a positive impact for the business.
* Analytical skills, including using data to inform decision making, and being able to weigh up and take decisions when there are unknowns and different possible solutions.
* Influencing skills.
* A role model for wellbeing and personal resilience.