Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Infrastructure and Security Patching Engineer
Job Salary: £40000 - £45000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Peninsula Business Services is the leading UK’s Employment Law and Health & Safety Specialists, providing an integral service to our 28,000 Client’s daily business operations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the growing ICT Department and become a member of the Infrastructure team working in a dynamic and fast paced environment with new challenges every day. Based in our Manchester Head Office. It is an exciting time to join the business as we rationalise our current infrastructure and embark on our journey to Cloud based services. You will work collaboratively with the wider IT team (Development, InfoSec, BI and Service Desk) to support existing services and deliver new.
A broad technical knowledge is required, alongside ITIL experience in Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Release, Event and Knowledge management. You will be forward thinking, customer focussed and self-motivated with the drive to improve all IT services and the user experience.
The key objectives of your role are:
* To ensure that the Infrastructure Manager and Head of IT Service Delivery are kept informed of progress and in particular are told of major problems and / or issues in a timely manner
* Identify, evaluate and recommend patch management solutions that meet the business and technology needs, limiting impacts on users and Implement, coordinate and monitor processes related to patch management governance
* Act as patch management expert and advisor, Develop strategies and process for effective patch management.
* Participate in the creation and update of patch management governance policies.
* Ensure the latest security threats are understood and patch management is maintained in all environments including production, UAT, test and Dev.
* To manage the patching process and schedules to keep systems secure across the corporate estate.
* Project manage the lifecycle of patches, ensuring it goes through appropriate testing, plan the deployment to ensure a successful roll out of security component updates within all environments.
* Ownership and management of the Patch Management Process across the estate
* Work with InfoSec team to ensure that all available patches are reviewed for relevance, impact, and vulnerability score to determine proper installation scheduling.
* In the case of “critical” vulnerability and non-compliance coordinate with the InfoSec team to determine actions required to mitigate or remove.
* Ensure all patches are tested in a safe environment prior to deployment.
* Maintain documentation:
* Develop KPIs and reporting that are relevant and measurable to the work of Technology Support and provide regular progress reports.
The Successful candidate MUST have:
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* ITIL experience.
* Strong Infrastructure background
* Windows patching
* 3rd Party patching
* Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
* Software distribution
* Windows 10 builds
Experience in the following would be an advantage
* Web Services (Azure/AWS)
* Office 365
* MAC OS
* Mobile Device Management
* Active Directory – Group Policy
* Microsoft Bitlocker
What you bring to the Team
* Driven and results orientated
* Positive outlook and a focus on high quality delivery
* Strong communicator
* Must have the ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas easily to the team
* Must be motivated to ensure work is complete and according to the requirements on schedule and to a high quality.
* Must be reliable
* Is able to work under pressure in all situations
* The ideal candidate will ensure that correct decisions are made and issues acted on in a timely manner.
* A dedication to getting the task done within any deadlines
What’s on offer?
* Generous basic salary up to £45,000 DOE
* The role is a permanent position with a 6 month probationary period. The working week is based on 37.5 hours.
* 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Profit Share Scheme
* Contributory company pension scheme
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Utilising cutting edge software along with the latest technologies backed by huge investment and infrastructure, where else would you want to develop your career as an IT professional?