Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Infrastructure Cloud Engineer
Job Salary: £50000 - £55000 Per Annum
Peninsula Business Services is the leading UK’s Employment Law and Health & Safety Specialists, providing an integral service to our 28,000 Client’s daily business operations. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the growing ICT Department and become a member of the Infrastructure team working in a dynamic and fast paced environment with new challenges every day. Based in our Manchester Head Office. It is an exciting time to join the business as we rationalise our current infrastructure and embark on our journey to Cloud based services. You will work collaboratively with the wider IT team (Development, InfoSec, BI and Service Desk) to support existing services and deliver new.
A broad technical knowledge is required, alongside ITIL experience in Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Release, Event and Knowledge management. You will be forward thinking, customer focussed and self-motivated with the drive to improve all IT services and the user experience.
* Must aspire to a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything you do.
* Demonstrate strong organisational skills and be accountable for your daily workload
* Demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach
* Be customer focussed and ardent in ensuring that colleagues receive a high quality of service
The key objectives of your role are:
* To ensure that the Infrastructure Manager and Group Head of IT Service Delivery are kept informed of progress and are told of major problems and / or issues in a timely manner
* Become the subject matter expert for Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure
* Design, configuration, and technical support of cloud / on prem infrastructure
* Migrate AWS workloads to Azure
* Support, troubleshoot and resolve Azure based issues
* Help build and develop governance around Azure cloud solutions including networking and security
* Interact and work closely with internal development teams
* Produce monthly cost reports across Azure and AWS platforms
The Successful candidate must have:
* Strong knowledge of cloud best practises
* Experience managing common Azure services
* Azure AD – Experience deploying, configuring, and managing Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Including PowerShell Scripting
* Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Virtual Networks, Application Services.
* Windows Server or Linux environments
* Migrating legacy applications into the Cloud, preferably Microsoft Azure.
* Knowledge and experience of working in with DevOps teams
* Strong understanding of Cloud Contracting, Pricing Structures, Budgeting & Forecasting
* Extensive hands-on experience within Azure solutions, security, Implementation, environment management
* Writing infrastructure as code (CloudFormation, Terraform)
* Azure or AWS certification
* Office 365/ Microsoft Intune experience
What you bring to the Team
* Driven and results orientated
* Positive outlook and a focus on high quality delivery
* Strong communicator
* Must have the ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas easily to the team
* Must be motivated to ensure work is complete and according to the requirements on schedule and to a high quality.
* Must be reliable
* Is able to work under pressure in all situations
* A team player
· A dedication to getting the task done within any deadlines