Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Infrastructure Manager
Job Salary: £55000 - £60000 Per Annum
Peninsula Business Services is the leading UK’s Employment Law and Health & Safety Specialists, providing an integral service to our 28,000 Client’s daily business operations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our growing ICT Department based in Manchester. You will be responsible for the management of the UKI IT Infrastructure team and will work collaboratively with the wider IT team (Network, Solutions Architects, InfoSec, Telecoms, Service Desk, SQL, BI and Development) to support existing services and deliver new.
The Infrastructure Manager is responsible for working with all departments and businesses throughout the group. You will be working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with new challenges every day. Due to the nature of this role, several years’ experience would be needed to help support the department.
A broad technical knowledge is required, alongside ITIL experience in Incident, Request, Change, Problem, Release, Event and Knowledge management.
You will be forward thinking, customer focussed and self-motivated with the drive to improve IT services and the user experience.
* Must aspire to a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything you do.
* Demonstrate strong organisational skills and be accountable for your daily workload
* Demonstrate a systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach
* Be customer focussed and ardent in ensuring that colleagues receive a high quality of service
The key objectives of your role are:
* To ensure that the Associate Director – IT Services UKI is kept informed of progress and is told of major problems and/or issues in a timely manner
* Work with the Infrastructure Solutions Architect, Network, and InfoSec Managers to ensure that all services and projects are delivered correctly.
* Innovation and Continual Service Improvements.
* Responsibility for managing and monitoring the companies on premise, SaaS, public and private cloud-based IT systems
* To ensure that all IT related services are documented and that the team are equipped to support them.
* To provide critical incident management response and ownership, controlling and coordinating necessary activities to restore service and deliver root cause fixes and preventative solutions
* Infrastructure budget and licence management.
* Innovation and Continual Service Improvements.
* Business continuity and disaster recovery
* Supervise and mentor a team of 10 engineers
* Day to day team management, performance management – including training and development.
* Staff recruitment and appraisals
* Resolution of escalated issues and problems from the Service Desk
The Successful Infrastructure Manager must have:
* Virtualisation Technologies – VMware, Hyper-V, and Public Cloud
* Cloud services such as Azure, AWS, Private cloud, IaaS, and SaaS
* Experience liaising with 3rd party vendors
* Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* In depth Office 365 Administration and troubleshooting experience including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and Intune
* Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 / 2019
* Microsoft Active Directory Services and associated technologies – GPOs/DNS/DHCP/PowerShell
* Working knowledge – Networking and Security
* Working knowledge of Citrix environments and deployment
* ITIL experience.
* Load Balancing / traffic management
* Web services
* SAN Storage
* Experience with performance optimization
* HP / Dell server hardware, NetApp and Nimble SANs
* Azure Active Directory
What you bring to the Team
* Driven and results orientated
* Positive outlook and a focus on high quality delivery
* Strong communicator
* Must have the ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas easily to the team
* Must be motivated to ensure work is complete and according to requirements, on schedule and to a high quality.
* Must be reliable
* Is able to work under pressure in all situations
* The ideal candidate will ensure that correct decisions are made, and issues acted on in a timely manner.
* A dedication to getting the task done within any deadlines
What’s on offer?
* Generous basic salary up to £60,000 DOE
* The role is a permanent position with a 6-month probationary period. The working week is based on 37.5 hours.
* 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Profit Share Scheme
* Breakfast provided each Monday morning & monthly drinks
* Contributory company pension scheme
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
* Working from home available – depending on operational needs
Utilising cutting edge software along with the latest technologies backed by massive investment and infrastructure, where else would you want to develop your career as an IT professional?