Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Bethany Green
Job Location: Northern Ireland
Job Title: Litigation Executive
Job Salary: €30000 - €40000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Our Client, a leading provider of HR and Employment Law, are looking for a legally qualified Litigation Executive to join their team based in their Belfast office. The successful candidate will have a desire to develop their knowledge and abilities within the sector and will be responsible for assisting their clients in preparing for tribunal hearings before the Industrial Tribunal and Fair Employment Tribunal.
The focus of the role is on fantastic client service, along with a firm commercial approach, therefore a candidate with a real commitment to helping their clients and making a difference, who has high attention to detail and excellent communication skills will bring added value to their team. A wealth of experience in Litigation and a high level of Employment Law knowledge is essential in this role where the successful candidate will be given immense support by the team.
* Reviewing tribunal claims and drafting appropriate responses
* Assisting clients with early conciliation/mediation matters
* Dealing with all aspects of document disclosure
* Creating tribunal bundles
* Assisting clients in preparing files for tribunal (gathering witness statements, relevant documentation, etc.)
* Corresponding with tribunals, claimants’ representatives, and clients
* Achieving commercially favourable settlements for the client
* Conducting preliminary hearings and case management hearings, where appropriate
* Notifying Insurance of relevant claims and update, where appropriate
* Invoicing where appropriate
* Collate and oversee reports each week
* Assist with and attend training sessions, where required
* Legal research
* Supporting your colleagues on the team and other departments
* Ad hoc duties as requested by your Line Manager and / or Director of the business.
* Third level qualification in Law/ Employment Law/ Human Resources (HR)
* Experience of reviewing and processing tribunal claims
* A positive approach to a busy workload and team work.
* Must be able to take a Client-Centric approach to their work.
* Ability to work autonomously and self-manage.
* Passion for employment law.