Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Leicestershire
Job Title: Management Accountant
Job Salary: £35000 - £40000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Following several years of significant growth, a vacancy has now arisen for a Management Accountant to work within the Finance Function.
Managing 2 direct reports, this role is essential in ensuring timely and accurate internal reporting is delivered to support strategic decision making by senior stakeholders.
The fundamental purpose of this role will be to deliver internal financial reporting including management accounts, supported by Balance Sheet reconciliations. Additionally, the Management Accountant will complete client and product profitability analysis prior to contract renewal to ensure renewing agreements are both profitable and commercially viable.
Reporting directly into the Finance Manager, the role will support the business in providing reporting at various levels internally, including Directors and the group parent company. This will be a challenging but rewarding role for an ambitious and commercially aware accountant, who wants to add value, improve functional output and further develop the integration of the Finance department within the wider business.
The successful candidate will be a technically strong Accountant, who is a confident communicator, effective business partner and has the ability to work to deadlines. A ‘can do’ attitude is essential for this role as is the ability to work effectively within a team to ensure objectives are achieved.
* Management of 2 direct reports in the Management Accounts team
* Completion of monthly management accounts
* Completion of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
* Budgeting & quarterly forecasting
* Profitability reporting
* Business partnering senior stakeholders within the business – including Client Development & Retention
* Assist the wider Finance department as and when required
What you Bring to the Team
* You will be a qualified or part-qualified Accountant nearing the end of your studies (eg. CIMA or ACCA)
* Experience in a corporate Finance function
* Commercial awareness
* Ability to explain Financial performance to non-financial management
* Strong focus on detail
* Ability to understand internal processes quickly and develop appropriate reporting off the back of this
* Ability to interpret financial data and challenge the validity of outcomes produced by financial modelling
* Ability to work constructively within a team and on own initiative
* Strong communication skills