Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Chartered Accountants
Contact Name: Lauren Williamson
Job Location: Coventry
Job Title: Payroll Assistant
Job Salary: £22000 - £25000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Payroll Assistant required to join a Coventry based practice. Become an integral and crucial member of a growing team.
A leading practice undergoing continued and sustained positive expansion and growth. The firm and Payroll Assistant role provide genuine prospects for long-term career progression, development and Partner opportunities.
The key responsibilities for this Payroll Assistant position at a leading accountancy firm based in Coventry are:
* Processing weekly and monthly payrolls
* Processing Auto Enrolment pension contributions and assessing employee eligibility
* Preparing pension files and uploading to a range of pension providers
* Preparing bank payment files and processing payments
* Producing documents including summary reports and journals
* Issuing documents for employees including payslips and P45 forms
* Understanding legislation surrounding tax, National Insurance, Real-Time Information and Auto Enrolment pensions
* Manually calculating pay from gross to net and statutory entitlements where necessary to assist with queries; and
* Dealing with enquiries from clients, their employees and HMRC.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Payroll Assistant role previous experience working in an accountancy practice environment, or bureau environment.
* Demonstrate a good understanding of payroll addition and deduction payments
* Excellent time management and organisation skills
* Great people and management skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* The ability to work accurately and analyse a range of financial information; and
* Great work ethic and eye for detail.