Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Gemma Creamer
Job Location: Surrey
Job Title: Payroll & HR Administrator
Job Salary: £25000 - £30000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Your primary responsibility is to administer monthly payroll for 1000 employees, plus seasonal employees, inhouse whilst supporting the HR, Training and Recruitment functions. You will be comfortable working in a multisite role, in a very busy HR office.
* Providing payroll duties, including administration to ensure all our employees are paid accurately and on time.
* Performing all activities necessary to process the payroll, including liaising with payroll provider, maintaining related records, preparing accounting spreadsheets and documents, and preparing special reports for management.
* Managing all payroll resources as appropriate.
* Investigating and resolving payroll queries.
* Dealing with pension contributions and holiday calculations.
* Process data to monitor compliance with the Working Time Directive.
* Manage Payroll deductions, attachment of earnings and CSA.
* Contract administration, preparing new starter contracts and issuing to new staff members.
* Keep HR files up to date.
* Ensure compliance with sensitive and confidential information in accordance with the provisions of GDPR.
* Support HR team with administration of courses, recruitment etc.
* Support HR team with investigations and disciplinaries administration.
Who we are looking for:
* 4 years of experience with payroll processing start to finish, ideally in a retail environment.
* Must have in-house payroll experience.
* Previous experience with SAGE preferable.
* Experience of Aegon pension administration advantageous.
* Knowledge of payroll regulations and requirements.
* Good ability of all Microsoft applications especially Word and Outlook.
* Strong Excel experience.
* Clear and concise communication (oral and written).
* Excellent inter-personal skills.
* Organised, self-disciplined with a positive, collaborative attitude.
* Ability to deliver high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Strong numerical skills.
* High integrity ensuring confidentiality at all times.
* Ability to self-manage working with minimal supervision.
* Talent to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Ability to provide a high level of customer service, professionalism and courtesy to our employees at all levels.