Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Chartered Accountants
Contact Name: Lauren Williamson
Job Location: Cambridgeshire
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Job Salary: £24000 - £26000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Opportunity to join a professional firm of Chartered Accountants based in central Cambridge employing over 200 people and working with a diverse range of payroll clients. Offering a first class payroll bureau service to a large and varied portfolio of clients and their variety of different payrolls.
Main responsibilities and duties:
* Knowledge of the whole payroll life cycle – from inputting hours through to year end reconciliations including pension administration.
* Excellent knowledge and experience of manual calculations, knowledge of tax implications and current legislation governing the processing of payroll.
* Ability to bill clients appropriately and understand the implication of timeframe and working to deadlines.
* Ability to review bureau processing requirements on a daily basis and working from own initiative when appropriate to do so.
* Answering the phone and taking messages/dealing with client enquiries as appropriate.
* Confidence and interest in developing client relationships and ensuring that client expectations are met, if not exceeded, at all times.
* Helping out with other general duties as appropriate