Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Connor Casey
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Quality Assurance Analyst
Job Salary: £40000 - £45000 Per Annum
My client an award-winning people management software company that is growing each year, with newly opened offices in Canada, New Zealand and Australia are looking for an experienced and well-rounded QA Analyst!
Are you looking for a new role? Want to work in one of Manchester’s most vibrant, fast-growing Businesses?
My client is on the hunt for driven and dedicated individuals to join the team. Offering a software as a service solution that enables businesses to effortlessly implement HR processes, from approving holidays, logging sickness and tracking lateness, managing the workforce rota & shifts, and organising HR documents 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
What you’ll be doing?
* You’ll be working in a small autonomous product team collaborating with Mobile Developers, Web Developers, Backend Engineers, User Researchers, UX Designers, QA Testers, Product Owners and Business Analysts to develop features to satisfy both our users and our business goals. You will be understanding what your MVP is, and iterating on that, listening to feedback on the way.
* You and your team will have the ability to influence not only how you build something but what you build. The team will care about continuous improvement, fast feedback cycles and have the power to change the tools, processes, and technologies they use. You will be using user feedback and data to be responsive to the ever-changing needs of the customer. Teams value agility, and structure their work and processes with that in mind.
* Your mission will depend on the team, but our teams are working on problems of workforce management, delivering advice from case managers and machine learning platforms, health and safety systems and powering consultant visits to customer sites.
* We meet as a discipline to discuss tools, techniques, and problems we’re encountering across the company and work together to improve the quality of our products and implement new processes and principles to facilitate this. As a Quality Engineer / Assurance Analyst you’ll be expected to exert a positive influence on this.
* You’ll report to an engineering lead who will meet with you regularly one to one, who will help you grow your career.
Who are we looking for?
* We are looking for an enthusiastic Quality Assurance Analyst who will be able to positively influence the direction, and help us define the future, of producing a high-quality product for our users whist understanding the balance of delivery. You’ll be given the opportunity to coach and mentor others, bring new ideas and approaches, and be able to provide clear, respectful, constructive criticism.
* We want someone who can balance the needs of our customers, make decisions based on data and what is required for a quality product. You’ll love collaborating, particularly with business analysts and developers, and can turn their vision into great products. You’ll need to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and turning this into a solid well defined, testable product.
* Our engineers have a wide range of experience and background, from computer science graduates to self-taught, but whatever your background, we expect you to have experience in testing a quality product and having solid foundations for shipping a product.
* If you can understand and hold a conversation with a developer, whilst they discuss a feature and what they have implemented, then use that to target how and what you test then you’ll fit in well with the people here.
* You should have experience of working in an agile environment and understand why we choose to work this way.
* Whilst we don’t expect experience with all the following, our current testing discipline uses Postman, Newman, Cypress, XCode, Android Studio, Visual Studio, Azure, Azure DevOps to facilitate their roles. We’re always looking for new tools and ideas to test and adopt if they fit in with the role.