Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Professional Practice
Contact Name: Chad Vigano
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Senior Credit Controller
Job Salary: £24000 - £28000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
The primary function of a Credit Controller is coordinating the debts of existing creditors and monitoring current Credit limits. Reporting directly into the Head of Credit Control and being a trusted Senior across the business, the successful candidate will handle the collection of company debts and the resolution, focusing on the most high profile accounts.
The right Credit Controller will be tasked with building and maintaining close links with all Customers, to ensure smooth running of accounts and encourage timely recovery of payments and be the right hand credit controller to the Head of Credit for any escalated queries.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage an individual ledger of B2B accounts predominantly working with SME’s.
* Checking customer’s credit ratings / credit checks before opening client account
* Timely and effective collection of all debts and customers payments
* Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment within payment terms
* Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices in a timely manner
* Managing the credit control shared inbox box and deal with any queries which may arise
* Posting and allocating daily credit card receipts to the accounting system
* Providing accounts information, for example aged debt reports, on weekly bases
* Direct Debt collations when due each month
* Deal with adhoc queries and liaise with other members of the Finance team.
* Get involved with the Month End process and send out Monthly statements via systems
* Providing support to year end statutory audit.
* Previous Credit Control experience is essential
* Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
* Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail
* Competence in Microsoft Office products and accounting software
* Prior experience with accounting systems
* Calm, polite and professional confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations and e-mails.