Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Charlotte Turner
Job Location: Oxfordshire
Job Title: Senior Health & Safety Consultant
Job Salary: £46000 - £52000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Are you a Health & Safety consultant looking for a new opportunity and a business that you can develop your career with?
A business that provides a field and home based work life and a management team to support you with further studies and training?
If so this could be a great Health & Safety opportunity for you..
The Portfolio Group are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of Peninsula, an award-winning international organisation providing Business Support, Employment Law, Health & Safety and Employee Wellbeing services to a range of clients.
We are looking for a hardworking professional Health & Safety Consultants across the UK with a high level of technical knowledge and experience. You will have the ability to build strong relationships with your clients and deliver a high quality, cost effective consultancy service. Successful candidate will be a minimum of GradIOSH qualified or equivalent with the drive to push towards their chartered status.
* Working with your clients across a diverse industry set to build and develop relationships to be a true partner to provide health and safety advice in a trustworthy and professional manner.
* Conduct yourself in a professional matter at all times (including appearance, use of PPE, communication etc.) ensuring that you comply with both company and departmental policies, procedures and protocols
* To visit clients premises for the purpose of carrying out agreed contractual work
* Undertake health and safety visits to client’s premises in accordance with departmental protocols and contract requirements, in particular where SLA’s are in place
* Submit any relevant reports or other such associated documents in accordance with client demand and departmental protocols
* Advise and instruct clients in the use of Health and Safety Management systems.
* Liaise with the HSE and other Enforcing Authorities on behalf of clients when required to do so
* Advise clients on matters of Health and Safety standards and best practice affecting their business. Assist clients with accident or other special investigations as required
* Attend company meetings, courses etc. when required to update and maintain professional skills/knowledge
* Supporting the client through effective crisis management where required
Peninsula have a great reputation for providing high quality consultancy services and working as part of the Health and safety team will offer a role with great challenge and variety to develop your career with industry leading training.
We seek applications from Health & Safety professionals who can demonstrate excellent skills in managing client relationships, able to offer practical solutions to clients utilising your extensive technical knowledge of Health and Safety. Successful candidates will hold one of the following professional memberships; CMIOSH, GradIOSH, MIIRSM, CIEH, whilst candidates with associate memberships or NEBOSH National Diploma or equivalent will also be considered. We also welcome applications from an EHS background.