Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Manufacturing
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Senior Payroll Officer
Job Salary: £30000 - £35000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
This is a Sole Senior Payroll Officer position for a manufacturing firm. You will be responsible for overseeing the end to end payroll of roughly 300 employees, assisting with payroll budgets and development plans.
Duties of the Role:
* Undertaking a full end to end payroll process for in-house UK Payroll of 280 employee
* Coordination of 2 US payroll (15 employees) and German, French, Middle East, Australian and Italian Payrolls (7 employee) with our out-sourced payroll bureau’s. This will involve the collation and input of all relevant information for the monthly payroll (including new starters, leavers, benefits, contract changes, sickness absence payments, allowances, maternity, apprentice levy and paternity pay).
* To manage the HR, payroll and time and attendance system
* Manage the starter and leaver process from a HR and Payroll system perspective. Entering new starters onto the system and monitor temporary contracts and liaise with managers on employment extensions.
* Audit and monitor the holiday request process, ensuring managers are approving holidays on time in the HR system.
* To advise on and keep the company in compliance with changes in legislation and best practice and keep all payroll policies and procedures up to date.
* Calculation of payroll, tax, holiday pay etc.
* Work with the finance department monthly to reconcile Payroll
* To administer statutory payments.
* To provide written notification to employees of any changes in pay, benefits, or relevant changes due to legislation.
* To provide advice or briefing sessions to staff and managers on pay as well as answering payroll queries in a timely manner.
* Delivering training sessions to Managers and Supervisors in relation to T & A.
* To assist in the administration of benefits schemes such as the pension, healthcare and Cycle to Work schemes.
* To produce pay related reports to assist with payroll verification, analysis and statutory requirements.
* To assist with the implementation and drafting of payroll budgets, payroll calendars and reporting.
* Deliver the annual Gender Pay Gap report.
* Produce and present analytical reports for the HR function, including headcount report and statistical pay information.
* Conducting salary structure reviews.
* Monitor and update changes to critical illness cover and salary sacrifice across the business.
* Responsible for annual renewal of BUPA medical scheme.
* To maintain absolute discretion and maturity in handling sensitive/confidential data
* Take over the administrations of new payrolls as we expand or add acquisitions to the group.
* Look at ways to improve or streamline the payroll processes and system.
* Advanced IT Skills, specifically Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Attention to detail
* Mathematical aptitude and numerical skills
* Confidentiality and reliability
* Used to working in a fact paced environment within a growing company
* Good time management and very organised
* Attention to details
* Ability to manage own workload
* Minimum of 5 years payroll experience
* Experience of complex pay elements and allowances i.e. shift allowances
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
* Ability to pick up a new payroll system with ease, and train others in the use of the system
* CIPP fully qualified or equivalent
* Experience of administering payroll for international employees
* Experience of Payroll Systems
* Experience of delivering and administering training programmes.
* Experience of working within a busy HR department
* A nationally recognised payroll qualification
* 25 days’ holidays (plus bank holidays)
* Salary Sacrifice
* Pension 5% Ee’s / 5% Er’s
* Potential bonus up to £2,500 – paid in February, prorate to start date
* Life insurance x 3
* Critical illness – £25k one off payment
* Bupa Medical