Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Libbie Cunningham
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Job Salary: £30000 - £35000 Per Annum
Are you a social media professional that’s looking for the next step? Wanting to get involved in PR?
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Peninsula Group marketing team responsible for managing all of the social media across Penisnsula. Responsible for all company social media accounts, creating original content, managing posts and responding to followers to managing our company image in a cohesive way to achieve our PR and marketing goals, researching and identifying new media and PR opportunities that raise the profile of the business and ensure the Group is positioned as the thought leader of choice.
Reporting into the Head of Group PR and Comms, you’ll have the chance to be creative in defining the social media strategy whilst helping increase and drive momentum on pro-active PR that increases Peninsula’s brand visibility.
You’ll be managing multiple accounts across the Peninsula group including both company profiles and influencers within the business, so being able to tailor messaging to the right audience is vital. We expect you to be up to date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends, be interested in the news agenda and have an eye for a story. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced person to take the lead in managing and growing the social function for Peninsula. This is a genuine opportunity to build a career in PR and social media in a fast-paced, sales and marketing-led organisation. This role would be suitable to somebody from either B2B or B2C backgrounds with significant experience in managing corporate social media platforms.
The focus of your role will be to increase brand awareness while driving online traffic and sales; you’ll need take an innovative approach and be comfortable managing your own workload.
* Plan create and schedule original, high quality content across multiple accounts, including companies within the Group and stakeholders, across all platforms. Experience using a social media management platform is essential.
* Design social media strategies to achieve marketing and PR targets, working alongside the Head of Group PR and Comms.
* Liaise with writers and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing.
* Collaborate with Marketing and Product development teams to create social ‘buzz’ regarding new product launches.
* Prepare reports on web traffic and ROI as well as press coverage.
* Communicate with industry professionals and journalists via social media to create a strong network.
* Train internal teams to integrate and maintain a cohesive social media strategy.
* Stay up to date with new digital technologies and social media best practices as well as relevant news trends.
* Research and identify new media and PR opportunities to raise the profile of the Peninsula Group.
* Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews.
* Managing and optimising paid social campaigns to maximise conversions.
* Measuring and reporting on campaign success.
* Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting Peninsula Group clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding PR opportunities surrounding them.
* Support and help prepare key senior stakeholders for media and speaking opportunities.
* Write press releases and opinion pieces to place in the media in liaison with the Head of Group PR and Comms.
* Help research and evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and industry awards.
* Maintain and update PR and social calendars for all Peninsula companies.
* Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and key stakeholders.
What you bring to the Team
* 3 years’ minimum experience, including proven work experience as a Social Media Strategist, Social Media Manager or in a PR agency role.
* Experience coordinating social media campaigns.
* Proven experience of media relations, with the ability to develop relationships with key contacts and journalists including via social media.
* Demonstrable track record of successful delivery measured against brand awareness and press coverage.
* Excellent organisation and project management skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate confidently, professionally and proactively with a broad range of people.
* Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast paced and demanding environment.
* Experience with digital PR tools.
* Excellent copywriting skills.
* Knowledge of paid advertising.
* Analytical skills with the ability to measure and report.