Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Professional Practice
Contact Name: Christian Rowles
Job Location: London
Job Title: UK Head of Procurement - Indirect
Job Salary: £100000 - £120000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
This is a great opportunity to join one of the world’s largest professional services organisations to lead, manage and develop the UK procurement function, as the UK Head of Indirect Procurement.
For this role, you will be responsible for leading procurement from the front, reporting directly into senior finance leadership and continuously developing group procurement across all categories in the £100m’s. You will have a small team to support you across category to develop forward thinking strategies, embed policy and work closely with the board to ensure procurement is aligned with overall business needs. It’s key that you can work with all types and level of stakeholder, building and maintaining relationships.
Role and responsibilities:
* Most senior in procurement, managing a team, covering the entire spectrum of spend.
* Manage, develop, mentor, recruit and improve the procurement team.
* Be hands on executing projects at a strategic level and thinking outside the box.
* Adapt to a varied stakeholder pool, so adaptability to personalities is key.
* Continuously implement and further develop category and business strategies across areas.
* Working in a business that has a relatively flat structure, you have access to all board and senior-leadership.
* Ensure group procurement is fully efficient in line with key business change.
* This role will offer continuous learning opportunities in terms of complex procurement and business model.
* Leadership, in a procurement capacity in a large scale blue chip business.
* Team management experience, but still recent procurement project experience.
* Experience of transforming, growing and developing a procurement function to a class strategic team.
* Worked at a head of level within a large, multi-site/national organisation across UK.
* Be able to understand the complexity of aligning local and global strategy.
* Have board level management and exposure so experience in having worked directly with this level.
* Ability to prove team, business or cost improvements leading a function.
* Ideally degree educated or MCIPS.